martes, 12 de enero de 2010

September 25th, Preparing to move to ARGENTINA!

It’s been two weeks since I returned from my first trip to Argentina, and in less than two weeks from now, I’ll be heading back! I have thought of you in my time away and I pray this letter finds you well. I write to you with much excitement to share what the Lord has begun in me during these past 5 months. On April 14th, my Discipleship Training School (DTS) began, and so did one of the most beautiful seasons of my Christian walk. It was an amazing time of learning and being transformed by the love of God! Each week I received more from God, and grew in my passion to spread His love to others. The week of study which impacted me most, was when we focused on building our identity on Christ alone. I realized that thru the painful process of letting go of the extra things I had begun to depend on, came the amazing fulfillment of re-building my identity only upon the love of God. I am truly a new creation, each day as I recognize who I am in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Now that I have completed my DTS, I have been invited to serve full time as a YWAM (Youth With A Mission) missionary in Mar del Plata, Argentina. The base in Mar del Plata is a pioneer base as of three years ago, started by a married couple who have been serving for more than 20 years with YWAM in Buenos Aires. It consists of three rental houses, filled with a total of 18 staff. The ministries running as of now are: King’s Kids- a ministry for youth ages 6-18; Mobile team- a team which visits and collaborates in ministry projects and church congregations in different places; Help & Rescue- a team specialized to serve and help in situations of catastrophe; and the DTS S.O.S. -discipleship training school oriented to Help and Rescue. Since we are still a new base, most of the staff will be involved to some degree in each of the ministries while also working to develop new projects.

My decision to come on staff at this base is a big step of faith for me, since my exact role is not cut in stone. Though I am not filling a spot titled “missionary nurse,” I know I will have many opportunities to use my knowledge and experience as a nurse to serve God and others. I foresee myself working in many areas, giving all of my gifts and abilities to the Lord’s service. One possibility, which was a surprise to me, is that I may have the opportunity to teach violin lessons, and in that way, open a door for YWAM in our neighborhood, to have a bigger impact for Jesus. Another sure need I will fill is to serve as a Spanish-to-English translator, for any DTS students from English-speaking countries. In my next letter, I will share more about what God has put in my heart in regards to the work of these ministries.

1 comentario: