sábado, 18 de abril de 2009

Sunday April 5th, 2009

Hola everyone!!!!

Renae and I arrived safely in Argentina this morning at 7am (3am Seattle) Praise the Lord! It was a long journey, but lots of fun too!
I am sooo thrilled to be here! God provided for us a very honest taxi driver, who didn´t charge a cent too much, and who drove us right to the door of the YWAM base in the grand city of Buenos Aires, where we are staying tonight and leaving half my luggage while we travel away from the city for the next 5 or 6 days.
I was a bit worried that my lack of experience with the Argentine version of Spanish-- "Castellano" would make it really difficult to communicate, but God has quickened my ear to understand it much easier than I thought, and we are getting by just fine. As we rode through the city, listening to our taxi driver describe everything, I felt as though I had been here weeks already and the language was very smooth to my ears. Gloria a Dios! (Glory to God)
Renae and I took a nap late this morning, and then took showers and found a very fancy cafe where we enjoyed our first, DELICIOUS cup of Argentine ESPRESSO! Now we are planning to go to a Tango show tonight! I am soo excited! This is so fun! I am sooo happy Renae is with me too! Otherwise I think I would be sad at the same time,... Thanks Drew! I hope you are not too lonely over there in the still-snowy Spokane!!!
Oh, and by-the-way, it is like, SUMMER here!!! I´m pretty sure it is 70 degrees! Woo-hoo!!!!

I thank you for your prayers and I will be praying for each of you! Happy Palm Sunday!!!

Les amo mucho y ya les extraño!!! (I love you a lot and I already miss you!)

Dios les bendiga cada una (God bless each one of you)

En Cristo,

Mariss

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario